Monday, April 7, 2008

Google opens its cloud

Google App Engine Blog: Introducing Google App Engine + our new blog

Till now you had read about GFS and Bigtable and marvelled at the amazing systems that Google has built. Now is your chance to try them out. Following in the footseps of Amazon, Google is opening up its cloud for external developers to host there apps and data.
"The goal is to make it easy to get started with a new web app, and then make it easy to scale when that app reaches the point where it's receiving significant traffic and has millions of users."

Unfortunately its just a preview release right now and only limited to first 10,000 developers. Which means that if you go there to sign up after reading this, you have missed the gun like me. But soon they will opening it up for more developers. So wait till then!!

Update: I was wrong. You can still register for this preview version. It said to me that the space is limited but I can give them my email id and they will invite me when space is available. This is what confused me. But I almost immediately got an email inviting me.

No comments: